The Clan Gunn Heritage Centre and Museum is housed in the old Parish Church, Latheron which was built in 1734. The church was gifted to the Society in 1974 and after considerable fund raising within the clan and with financial support from the Highlands and Islands Development Board, Caithness District Council and The Scottish Countryside Commission it was officially opened on 22nd August 1985.
The Heritage Centre is open from 1st June to 30th September- Mondays to Saturdays- 11.00am to 1.00pm and from 2.00pm to 4pm.
The centre tells the story of the clan from its Norse origins to the present day against the background of the history of the north of Scotland. It also contains one of the best clan archives in Scotland based on many years of research by Dr.Colin Gunn, the clan Seannachaidh and by Abb L. Gunn the clan genealogist.